For my first time participating in the Liebster Award, I would like to thank Visakha for nominating me! It means a lot that you thought to include me. 🙂 Those of you that haven’t already, please check out Visakha’s blog. She is very personable and her posts are fun and interesting. Plus, she’s an awesome writer! So shall we get started? (See below for the Liebster Award Rules)
Liebster Award Rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Display the Liebster Award on your blog.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions you were asked.
- Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers for the Award and have them answer 11 questions.
- Let the other bloggers know you’ve nominated them.
- Copy the rules into your post.
11 Random Facts About Me:
- My new favorite show is Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown.
- I love cheese.
- I’m both an introvert and extrovert.
- I have locks (Sisterlocks, to be exact).
- I don’t like musicals.
- I love being outside in the sun.
- I hate spiders!
- I’ve had braces twice.
- I always wear flip-flops.
- I have a small case of Trypophobia. (Google “a fear of holes” and you’ll see some skin-crawling stuff!)
- My favorite colors are teal and purple.
1. Which is your dream destination? And why?
If it wasn’t so expensive I would really like to live in Hawaii. It’s a beautiful island, it’s out of the way from any neighboring states and it’s still in the U.S. so it wouldn’t be too much of a culture shock.
2.What are the three things anybody would notice about you the first time they met you (in person)?
As far as my physical appearance, people usually point out that I’m short and they think I am part Chinese. Personality wise, people assume that I am introverted.
3. What do you think is your biggest weakness?
At times, I’ll overwork myself and I can be too driven to the point where I will go hours without food or sleep.
4. Cats or Dogs?
Both! I love animals.
5. What is your idea of fashion (comfort/style)?
I was never one to be a slave to fashion so I don’t necessarily strive to dress like every 23-year-old woman my age does. My favorite eras are the 60’s and 70’s so a lot of my personal style reflects that. I like to see people wear clothes that are neat and elegant (not necessarily expensive) but still reflects their own personal style and tastes.
6.Which is your favorite season of the year?
When I lived up north, I preferred the Summer time because during the Spring it was still too cold for my comfort. Now that I live in the south, I prefer the Spring because we have a pleasant mixture of warm weather with a nice cool breeze.
7.What is your favorite book?
I have a favorite series rather than a favorite book and that would be the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson. I was required to read the first three books in my Biology class in high school. I normally don’t like the books that teachers assign in school and I didn’t particularly like this teacher but I enjoyed the books so I went out and bought the following four from the series. I still need to read the final installment which I am reluctant to do because I don’t want the story to end.
8. What is the one thing that turns you off?
Laziness and people who are unenthusiastic about life and learning new things (I know, that was three things :P).
9. How would you define happiness?
Happiness to me is accepting yourself and who you have become as a person. Yes, being around people that love and care about you contribute to happiness but if you don’t have high self-esteem and are not happy within yourself, then no outside group or event will make you truly happy.
10. Name your favorite actors!
My favorite actors are Denzel Washington, Don Cheadle, Robert Downey Jr., Meryl Streep, Katherine Hepburn, Bette Davis, Joan Crawford, and Alfre Woodard.
11. Would you rather be born again or live one happy life? Why?
I want to live a happy life and pass on peacefully. Unless, I could also once again see my loved ones, I wouldn’t want to start my whole life over again up until the time of my birth. That’s entirely too long of a journey.
11 Questions For My Nominees:
- Where do you see yourself in 2 years?
- What got you into blogging?
- What are your writing goals?
- Besides blogging, what do you do in your free time?
- How old are you?
- What is your favorite movie?
- Who or what motivates you in your life?
- What is(are) your favorite thing(s) to blog/write about? And why?
- What is your occupation?
- What is your biggest writing challenge?
- What do you cherish most?
- Unravel The Gems
- Danielle Esplin
- Sweaters, Scarves & Stories
- Miss DreamyMarie
- a hidden interlude
- Wit’s End
Spread some love to your fellow WP bloggers!